Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Principles of Design Poster Critique

I am going to critique the Muhammad Ali movie poster.

  • Proportion is a little off, but that comes with so many small pictures in one big picture
  • Movement: Suspenseful
  • Rhythm: Complex
  • Emphasis: I would say the eyes of the actor. The eyes show a certain "Fierceness" that's pretty awesome.
  • Unity: Perhaps thousands of pictures all coming together to make one, single picture
  • Pattern: There really is none...
  • Balance: The colors are the balance.
  • Texture: It looks like if it was a painting, or literally many tiny pictures cut out and making one, it would feel weird. It looks sort of "choppy"


That would be my critique on the technical stuff. My critique on what I like/dislike:

  • Colors blend together. The the white "jumps" out at you. (like)
  • The poster is really busy... I can't really tell if I like that or not.
  • There's a portion of white in the picture, it also has other colors (black, orange, etc.) (like)

No comments:

Post a Comment