Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Self Portrait Drawing

So basically, I left the background uncolored because, i thought it looked sort of cool and no like most things. And I didn't want the detailing to be as less shown.

For the background I chose one of the places I spend a lot of time at in the summer and winter, Coeur D' Alene Lake in Coeur D' Alene, Idaho.

The best part of this was the detailing/"texturing" of the tree. It was also the hardest, because it took so much time detail. It also looks as real as I could get it, which is awesome. I think the tree's drawing part, with what was supposed to be pine tree needles, was pretty good.

I learned about that detail can be achieved, but it takes a lot more time then you would think. And that the brush tool is very useful when you're drawing a pine tree. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment