Friday, October 29, 2010

Helvetica Documentary

I learned about the font "Helvetica", like why it was created, the origin, the uses, etc. I didn't know that there were so many signs, albums, posters, etc. used it.

One designer said that it was always associated with the war, so that's why they didn't like it.
Another said that they liked it because it was simple.
I like and dislike it. I don't like the fact that it's used a lot, and is always the default font for when people want to get something done that needs to be fast and efficient, but i like that it can be formal or casual, it's simple, and that it can be used with most things.

I might creatively use certain fonts to make a project more awesome. I could use the typography on an object to make it more understandable. And use a font to just create an album cover that would incorporate everything the artist wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment